Saturday, March 26, 2011

Time for Spring Cleaning!


Ah Spring, the season of growth and rebirth is finally here! This is the time to refresh ourselves and clear out any negativities from our bodies and minds, but also in our homes. It's time to open our windows and let the warm cleansing breeze of Spring come in and clear out any "bad air" so to speak. So I decided to kick off my Spring cleaning this year, by getting out my book, Magical Housekeeping by Tess Whitehurst, and get started on cleaning my house the magical way.

I start off any Spring cleaning ritual by first opening my windows. Refreshing the air in your house can quickly make it feel clean and renewed. Then get your smudge sticks and/or purifying incense out and start cleansing the areas of your house. You can also burn some purifying essential oils in an oil burner, use oils such as eucalyptus, rosemary, lemon, sage and/or frankincense. After you've got your house sufficiently purified, you can try one or both of these Goddess cleansing rituals by Tess Whitehurst.

Hestia Invocation Ritual to Warm the Heart of the Home
Hestia brings a feeling of warmth and security into the home, along with a sense of harmony and well being. Begin by designating your homes hearth, this will either by a fireplace or an oven. Or you can choose the area where people usually congregate as the heart of your home. Once you've designated your hearth, place a large orange or red - orange candle on or near it. Next to the candle place a stick or cone of cinnamon incense. Light both and say this invocation:

Hestia, I call on you! Please heal, open, and warm
the heart of this home and bring it to life. Please
fill this space, our hearts, and this household with
happiness and harmony. Please sustain our spirits
with an abundance of all wonderful things.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Blessed Be and so it is.

Let the candle burn for at least one hour, and let the incense burn down completely. You might want to keep the candle to use for other home warming and cleansing rituals in the future.

Kali Purification Invocation
Find a sacred space in your home, wherever you feel might need more cleansing. Bring a statue or picture of Kali into your space. Burn some cleansing incense if you like, stand in front of the image, close your eyes, and hold your hands in prayer pose. Focus on the situation, thought pattern, habit, or physical clutter that you'd like to purify or release. Open your eyes and do the expelling mudra forty times : Hold your ring and middle fingers under your thumbs with your index and pinky fingers extended. Repeatedly flick your ring and middle fingers, this is good for removing obstacles and banishing negativity.
Now place your hands in prayer pose once more, gaze at the image and say:

Kali, I call on you. Please destroy, dissolve,
and completely annihilate all conditions
and beliefs that no longer serve me, so that I
may make room for the new. Thank you.

Take down your Kali image or leave it up for a little while as a reminder of what you let go.

I hope you enjoy your Spring cleaning with the Goddess!



Photo courtesy of Religionnerd

1 comment:

  1. You inspired me to give my apartment a good sage smudging! It's so warm down here in Texas, that I had my windows open the other day, enjoying the breeze, and wouldn't you know it, they came around spraying stinky, toxic fertilizer and herbacides all over the place, forcing me to shut my windows. Grrrr!

    I love the new features on your blog and the little news letter that I got in my email this morning!

    By the way, I make Goddess and Pagan-inspired jewelry, so if you ever need a donation for one of your furture give-aways....let me know! I would be happy to accomodate you!

    Blessing....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I appreciate your support! Many blessings to you )O(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...